Monday, February 9, 2009

Noodle Nose

Well, this is a MUST in Kelsey's baby book!!! We had my family over yesterday for our Sunday lunch. We had the easy does it - Spaghetti! Well, Kelsey's been battling a runny nose and sneezing for the past few days. As we were eating - she sneezes, then gets this funny, puzzled look on her face and starts kind of coughing. She keeps this look for the next couple of minutes and we were like - I bet she got a noodle in her nose.... She coughs again and Brian said that he thought he saw a noodle "dangling" in the back of her throat.. GROSS!!. Again, she pretty much keeps this puzzled look, along with kind of talking through her nose.... By this time, she was DONE eating.... Wanted down, so we cleaned her up, then let her down to play. Wasn't five minutes and she sneezed again.... I immediately looked at her to find 1/4 inch of noodle hanging out of her nose - OMG!! I started freaking.. I, first, tried to wipe her nose and it didn't come out. That's when my cousin-in-law, Amie, came to the rescue and got the noodle (that ended up being about 2 1/2 inches long) out of Kels's nose.... I was totally wigged out and am so glad that I had someone to come to my rescue!!!! Thank you SOOO much Amie!! I owe you one!! LOL

After ALL the excitment of the noodle - We went outside for the kids to play. It was such a gorgeous day! The kids had a BLAST! They ALL rode in Kelsey's escalade, played football, played on the swingset and rode their Ripstick... Also, not to mention my mishap with the peach cobbler - We finally determined the problem was that we have "all-purpose" flour instead of "self-rising"! Next time, I will do a test run, first!!!! Gah - yesterday was a very adventerous day, I would say!!!
Love to ALL!!

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! In a way, this is hilarious, but I feel your pain! It would have freaked me out too! I often wonder if I will ever calm down when it comes to Jacob, but you are proof that I won't! :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The child has an Escalade???? We need to talk lol

    ReplyDelete